The 2018 industry mentoring program has finished!!
Applications for the 2019 program are now open – visit here for details.
Mentoring is one of the foundations of the development of individuals both professionally and personally. The process enriches both the mentee and the mentor and often forms rewarding long lasting bonds and relationships.
In 2018, Society of Petroleum Engineers WA have teamed up with Subsea Energy Australia (SEA) and Society for Underwater Technology (SUT), to put on a co-hosted mentoring program, expanding on the existing SPE and SEA WISE mentorship programs and give everyone the opportunity to broaden their professional network.
Thanks to all the mentors and mentees who have participated in last years and previous mentoring programs. We hope you are enjoying the experience and are able to gain value from the working relationship with your mentor/mentee. Your contribution can have an enormous impact on the development of professionals and by extension create a legacy to our industry.
The following is a list of mentoring workshops that were held throughout the 2018 program –
- 31st Oct – “Millennial Leadership”
- 26th Sep – “Negotiation Techniques”
- 20th Aug – “Goals, Procrastination and Prioritising”
- 26th Jul – “How to Make Networking Profitable”
- 25th Jun – “How to Take Charge of your Career”
- 23rd May – “The Art of Taking Intelligent Risks”
- 3rd May – “Mentoring – Setting the Scene”
- 7th Feb – Mentoring launch event
Furthermore here are links to blogs that were relevant to mentors/mentees alike throughout the 2018 program –
- Networking (post networking workshop presented by Ron Gibson on 26/07)
- Defining success (post workshop presented by Mark Williams on 25/06)
- So what about the mentor? (post workshop presented by Approach Services on 23/05)
For the opportunity to provide feedback or for any questions on the 2019 program, please email Claudio Pellegrini at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For anyone who wants to learn a little bit more about mentoring and what it can provide for you, please view the attached presentation.