A WHIRLWIND TOUR OF THE AUSTRALIAN GAS MARKETS SCENE
May 19 @ 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm| $40 - $60
- « Applying well decommissioning lessons learned globally to reduce Australia’s estimated USD40.5 billion offshore decommissioning liability.
- 22nd June – SPE WA Technical Evening Meeting – ‘Woodside Sangomar Field – Probabilistic Assessment of Depletion and Overpressure and its Impact on the Drilling Sequence’ »
SPE WA is pleased to announce our inaugural joint-society meeting arranged in conjunction with AIPN (Association of International Petroleum Negotiators) and AMPLA (Australian Energy & Resources Law Association). Our speaker will be Martin Wilkes, Managing Director of Risc Advisory, who promises to deliver an engaging talk on Australia’s gas sector (details below).
About the Presentation
Australia’s gas markets are both diverse and unique, and, as a result, issues facing the industry can appear very different dependent upon your positioning and perspective. In this talk, Martin will provide an independent perspective on Australia’s diverse and different gas markets including looking at the impacts of:
- Domestic Gas Market Obligations (and other government interventions);
- The impact of LNG exports;
- Infrastructure and Pipeline networks;
- Proposed future gas developments;
- The impact of increasing demands for emission reduction; and
- The increasing amount of power generation from renewable energy sources.
Designed to be provocative, I hope to have you both nodding your head in agreement on some issues, and at other times shaking your head in disbelief, and the conclusions of the presentation may surprise you.
About the Speaker – Martin Wilkes
Martin Wilkes is the Managing Director of RISC, an independent International Energy Advisory company headquartered in Perth, Western Australia. Martin is a Chartered Engineer and a Chartered Environmentalist. He is a Fellow of the Institution of Chemical Engineers and a member of AIPN. He has a Master of Engineering Degree from the University of Newcastle upon Tyne in the UK
Martin has worked in the energy industry for over 30 years, holding a range of international positions including project development, business leadership and planning, corporate governance and technical training. Since joining RISC in 2010 he has provided advice to clients on hundreds of projects, including over 30% of the world’s LNG projects.
Students (read below)!!!
SPE WA in conjunction with our sponsor tNavigator (Rock Flow Dynamics), are kindly sponsoring students to attend the monthly technical events. Please fill out an application form, explaining why you are interested in attending the SPE WA technical events. Successful applicants will be notified via email. Note that applications will only be accepted up to one week prior to the event.
Free tickets available for Students. Please apply through your Student Chapter.
Event Run Sheet (Catering – Drinks and Food will be provided)
- 16-30 to 17-00 Registration & Networking
- 17-00 to 17-45 Technical Presentation
- 17-45 to 18-00 Q&A
- 18-00 to 19-00 Networking drinks & nibbles
Venue: 14 Mill St, Perth WA 6000Parmelia Hilton