The Society of Petroleum Engineers (Western Australia) 2017 scholarships program is now closed for applications.
One lump sum of $2,500 award is made payable to successful applicants to assist with their undergraduate or postgraduate studies leading to careers in the field of Petroleum Engineering.
Please complete and submit applications by 1 June 2017
- Students must be based in Western Australia
- Students must be an existing member of SPE International. Free student membership can be signed up for online at http://www.spe.org/join/
- Students must be enrolled in a full-time course load in academic study in one of the following disciplines: Petroleum Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Oil and Gas Engineering
- Students must be in penultimate or ultimate year of undergraduate (Bachelor Degree) studies or in postgraduate (Masters Degree) course work (i.e. not research).
Terms and Conditions
- Scholarship awards will be based on written applications and a final round of personal interviews.
- The information submitted in this application is confidential.
- Students who have previously received an SPE scholarship are ineligible to apply a second time.
- SPE WA reserves the right to change the scholarship structure and amount on a yearly basis.
- Scholarship recipients agree to be profiled for the SPE Australasia News.
- By submitting this application, you agree to the above Terms and Conditions and certify that the statements and information in this application form are true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief.
Key documents that need to be submitted with each application
- Please attach a resume which includes a list of extra-curricular activities and work during university studies.
- Please attach a one-page cover letter detailing why you would benefit from this scholarship.
- Please attach a copy of your most recent academic transcript.
- Please answer all questions in application.
- All fields in the application form must be completed. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please ensure all attached documents are in .pdf format
- Please name all attached documents in the following format: [Family Name First Initial]_[Document Type], for example Smith A_Application Form or Smith A_Academic Transcript.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries on the scholarships application.