- This event has passed.
SPE WA Educational Seminar- Geological Modelling: Principles and Applications
September 17, 2018 - September 18, 2018$100.00 – $450.00
Course Objectives and Target Audience
This two day long “Educational Instruction and Hands On Training” delivers real case study material to illustrate the principles and application of reservoir simulation. Participants will analyse, interpret and integrate data, and build models using commercial platforms. Designed for decision makers who want to know what the technical professionals do, for early career professionals, and for experienced professionals looking to broaden their expertise and skills, particularly if they work in integrated teams. Participants receive comprehensive instruction material for future reference.
- Determine the drivers and deliverables that frame a reservoir modelling project: reservoir modelling framework, fit for purpose models, risk and opportunity matrix
- Identify the data required to build a reservoir model: reservoir model anatomy, where can data be found, data QA/QC
- Analyse and interpret the data inputs, including property modelling workflows and geostatistics
- Lithofacies depositional model: correlation framework, sequence stratigraphy, well ties, defining area of interest, gridding and fault treatment, zones and layering, non neighbour connections, well log upscaling, semi variograms, SIS, TGS indicator modelling, SGS property modelling, object modelling, saturation height function
- Build a geological model using a commercial platform: workflows, model QA/QC
Martin Soh is a practising Reservoir Modelling and Modelling Consultant. He has broad in depth experience across the business, from compliance (Reserves, reporting) to development (field development planning, reviews) and operations (workovers, new wells, optimisation). Dr Soh has worked with many other operators delivering advisory services and reservoir modelling and monitoring solutions for their assets. He has delivered training courses for National Oil Companies and Independents on a wide range of topics, tailored to their specific objectives and learning requirements.
Fahad Khan is a Senior Geoscientist with Schlumberger Software Integrated Solutions. He is based in Perth, with international experience in a wide variety depositional settings and field developments. He specialises in the development of complex geological workflows in Petrel to optimise time spent on interpretation. He is a certified NExT Instructor, having previously delivered many Advanced Level courses
Special Thanks to Sponsors: Reservoir Minds, Schlumberger and Baker Hughes