- This event has passed.
SPE WA Masterclass – Decommissioning
December 6, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 3:30 pm$45.00 – $55.00
PLEASE NOTE, THE EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT!!
SPE WA and the Curtin Oil and Gas Innovation Centre are proud to be co-hosting an event that will take you into the world of decommissioning challenges for offshore Australia.
The masterclass will provide opportunities for you to participate in, share research and educational learnings and to understand the local WA industry challenges of decommissioning. The format will comprise of two chaired sessions with up to four presenters (90 minutes presentations and a 30 minute facilitated Q&A session).
Session will include:
- “Pipeline Decommissioning: Fish Habitat Studies”, Woodside / UWA
- “Decommissioning &Removal: Lessons from the North Sea”, Shell
- “Plug & Abandonment a Review of Malaysian Activities”, Lloyd’s Register
- “Decommissioning: The Next Australian Oil and Gas Boom?” Deloitte
- “Offshore Well Abandonment, Addressing the Challenges”, Elemental Group
- “New Guidelines, Future Use” DMIRS
- “Decommissioning Law, Policy and Governance: Lessons and Considerations for Australia”, UWA
A summary paper will be created that will document and review the technical challenges presented and discussed at the event.
Tea/coffee and a buffet lunch will be provided.