- This event has passed.
Industry Mentoring Workshop #4 – Negotiation!
September 26, 2018 @ 5:00 am - 6:30 pmFree
Calling all mentors and mentees of our industry mentoring program!
On Wednesday, 26th September, SPE WA / SEA / SUT and EA collaboratively bring you an opportunity to learn how to achieve your goals.
Date – Wednesday, 26th September
Time – 5pm (5:30pm start) to 6:30pm
Venue – Engineers Australia Auditorium, West Perth
Presenter – Denison Williams, Principal Production Engineer at BHP
As an experienced Engineer, Denison has held a range of roles within the petroleum engineering sphere; Drilling, Reservoir, Production and Operations with over 15 years of international experience in the oil and gas industry. He also holds a degree in Communication, which he applies to get the most out his teams by using effective negotiation techniques to help build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. Negotiating is core to successful and safe operations.
Over the 45min-1hr presentation, expect to discuss why the importance of negotiation can’t be underestimated. We negotiate every day sometimes all day in business and in everyday life. How do you reach an agreement that will result in mutual benefits?
- Looking for that first job –or leveraging your experience and skill set for your second or third.
- Negotiating development plans and career path.
- Organizing team tasks an priorities
- Conditions of a sale or contract
- Personal relationships ( & why are kids good negotiators)
We as a group will expand and explore the below:
Introduction to Negotiation
- What makes a good Negotiator
- Knowing and caring about what you want
- Negotiation Styles
- The five stages of negotiation
- Assessment – the Outcome & the Relationship
Identifying levels and causes of conflict within organizations
- The Stages
- Effect of Competition
- Effect of Collaboration
- Effect of Avoidance
We hope to see you all there!